From the weekend: Slick, savvy and social, London Fashion Week goes tech
While Paris has long retained its crown as the haute of couture (even for ready to wear), London is now beginning to define itself as the tech-savvy little sister, intent on bringing a host of ‘social firsts’ to the industry presentations. As the first city to live stream catwalk shows, based in a country with one of the fastest adoption rates of internet shopping and with many shows taking place round the corner from the so-called Silicon Roundabout, it’s no wonder we’re so intent on a technology focus to showcase our cutting edge designs. To most brands in London, it’s a no-brainer.
- John Lewis head warns of "probable" price increases if Scotland wins independence
- John Lewis Partnership profits rise 8.6% for “hard won” first half
- House of Fraser sale to Nanjing Xinjiekou completes
- John Lewis reports 'superb' trading last week with sales up 12.6%
- John Lewis to trial own-brand opticians
- Argos's quarterly sales rise as Home Retail Group heads £127m annual profit
- Home Retail says "no decision" to divest Homebase
- Ikea reports 3.6% sales boost as Chinese market snaps up flat-pack furniture
- Dollar General goes hostile with $9.1bn Family Dollar takeover
- Sir Ian Cheshire announces Kingfisher departure
- WH Smith says profits on track for City forecasts
- Controversial Islamic bookshop closes as firebrand owner complains 90 per cent of its customers receive an ASIO 'visit'
- The casino crackup: New York’s betting on this for jobs?
- Office Depot to Move Stock Listing to Nasdaq
- Hachette writers plan to appeal directly to Amazon's board
- MyFlashTrash aims to take on Etsy with the launch of MyFlashTrash Mall
- Rio Tinto Hands Over Diamonds To Smithsonian For Research And Display
- Tag Heuer reinvisions campaign to highlight ambassadors’ achievements
- Pandora is Official Jewelry Sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week
- Jill Beraud new executive vice president of Tiffany & Co.
High Street Tracker
- Non-fashion -1.8 %
- Fashion -2.4 %
- Homewares -2.4 %
- Non-store +40.2 %
My-RetailMedia.com brings you all the latest breaking retail news and information about the
retail sector and major brands from a comprehensive range of retail industry sector news sources.