Abercrombie & Fitch has abolished its infamous "Look Policy" in an attempt to reach more shoppers. For years, the teen brand recruited good-looking people who shopped there and referred to associates as "models." The former policy "banned French-tip manicures, certain hair-styling products and, among other things, mustaches," writes Lindsay Rupp at Bloomberg .
Facebook now influences 52 per cent of consumers’ online and off-line purchases, up from 36 per cent in 2014, according to a report. The DigitasLBi Connected Comission study of 1,000 adults across 17 countries including Australia, China, the UK and the USA, found that while Facebook’s credibility as a shopping aid boomed, other social media sites did too.
The public’s first introduction to the Apple Watch has got off to a low key start today with the device only on sale in just six high-end retailers worldwide. Eschewing the traditional midnight launch with fans snaking around the block to be amongst the first to get hold of a device, Apple has instead opted to restrict supply to just six boutique stores ahead of a general roll out in June.
Zalando spreads its wings, announcing Dublin as new tech hub
Online fashion heavyweight Zalando this week opened its first technology hub outside of Germany, choosing Dublin as the base for the next stage of its European expansion. Having steadily built a following of over 100 million visits a month since being founded in 2008, Zalando has now opened the doors to its first outpost away from home, launching on Dublin’s Silicon Docks on Wednesday.
- Abercrombie & Fitch employees embrace death of sexualised dress code
- Marks & Spencer, Gentle Giant
- How fashion designers like Armani and Louis Vuitton are jumping on furniture as a savvy investment
- SUNDAY NEWSPAPER SHARE TIPS: WPP, Asos, Advanced Oncotherapy, WANDisco
- Designer exhibitions enthral and educate, but above all, they sell
- Food processing plant evacuated following suspected chemical leak
- Combined profit at Tesco, Sainsbury's and Morrisons fall by £2.5bn
- Teenage Aldi worker becomes internet sensation after photo of him walking an old man home from the shops goes viral
- VIDEO: Peru percussionists' world record bid
- Daily Newser finishes Food Stamp Challenge
- SEC's stock market reform club locks out retail brokers
- Analysis - SEC's stock market reform club locks out retail brokers
- Spending limit on contactless payment cards set to double
- Tesco’s fall tells a wider story about our failing capitalism
- Abercrombie & Fitch to ditch 'sexualized marketing': Washington Post
- Dressed to kill! Kate Upton flashes toned pins in preppy mini skirt during appearance at Vogue Festival
- CVS Health Prepares its Business for the Cultural Demographic Shift
- Miranda Kerr is perfect advert for her Kora skincare range
- Shona Bear takes NPD role at Bulldog Skincare For Men
- Nestle skin unit to acquire Inneov assets in nutraceutical bid
High Street Tracker
- Non-fashion -1.8 %
- Fashion -2.4 %
- Homewares -2.4 %
- Non-store +40.2 %
My-RetailMedia.com brings you all the latest breaking retail news and information about the
retail sector and major brands from a comprehensive range of retail industry sector news sources.