UK shoppers will spend £470,000 a minute this Christmas
New data released by IMRG and Experian indicates that Christmas 2014 could set new sales records for retailers in the UK.
Increased consumer confidence, both generally and in terms of delivery times, click-and-collect and widespread use of mobile technology when shopping has set the tone for several peaks for pre-Christmas trading.
- Coming out to play! Jennifer Hawkins steps out with fellow Australian stars in a tight, all black ensemble at the Myer Supplier of the Year Ball
- Garfunkel On Relationship With Simon: 'Love' And 'Like Weather In Slow Motion'
- St. Louis shopping centre closes on Black Friday as Ferguson protests spread
- St. Louis-area mall closes on Black Friday as protests spread
- Candle company catches fire with hidden diamonds
- Argos says over half of Cyber Monday online traffic will come from phones and tablets
- Alibaba Launches Internet TVs In China With Haier
- Taking click-and-collect underground: Argos unveils tube station store
- Amazon Signs Post Office Delivery Deal
- Amazon unveils click-and-collect service deal with Royal Mail
- The Book People gear up for biggest ever sale
- Bloomsbury and Walker Books 'influential in China'
- Amazon and Hachette announce multi-year agreement after bitter fight over future of publishing industry
- Conde Nast settles class-action suit against underpaid interns
- ITV Player launches on Amazon Fire as audience migration continues
- Adidas appoints new brand director of emerging markets
- Former JJB Sports boss found guilty of taking £1million in backhanders
- Sports Direct dismisses Ed Miliband's zero-hours attack
- Retailers dealt double blow as shops empty and footfall dips
- JD Sports seeks cuts in store rents for ailing fashion arm Bank
- Consumer spending for October favours food and drink while clothing and footwear suffer
- Third of businesses don't want to export
- Black Friday frenzy signals green for retailers
- Brent crude falls below $70; eurozone inflation hits five-year low
- Just over a third of retailers sold via a website in 2013: ONS
High Street Tracker
- Non-fashion -1.8 %
- Fashion -2.4 %
- Homewares -2.4 %
- Non-store +40.2 %
My-RetailMedia.com brings you all the latest breaking retail news and information about the
retail sector and major brands from a comprehensive range of retail industry sector news sources.