UK shoppers will spend £470,000 a minute this Christmas
New data released by IMRG and Experian indicates that Christmas 2014 could set new sales records for retailers in the UK.
Increased consumer confidence, both generally and in terms of delivery times, click-and-collect and widespread use of mobile technology when shopping has set the tone for several peaks for pre-Christmas trading.
- Two greedy RBS bankers who used their jobs to run £3million property fraud escape jail because judge says THEY 'have suffered'
- Britsgiving: one in six Britons to celebrate Thanksgiving
- Net-a-Porter crashes ahead of Black Friday after launching sale
- Oxford Street's Plaza security 'wrestle man' as he smashes window of Rolls Royce
- 2theloo heads to French train stations
- The Book People gear up for biggest ever sale
- Bloomsbury and Walker Books 'influential in China'
- Amazon and Hachette announce multi-year agreement after bitter fight over future of publishing industry
- Conde Nast settles class-action suit against underpaid interns
- ITV Player launches on Amazon Fire as audience migration continues
- Adidas appoints new brand director of emerging markets
- Former JJB Sports boss found guilty of taking £1million in backhanders
- Sports Direct dismisses Ed Miliband's zero-hours attack
- Retailers dealt double blow as shops empty and footfall dips
- JD Sports seeks cuts in store rents for ailing fashion arm Bank
- Consumer spending for October favours food and drink while clothing and footwear suffer
- Third of businesses don't want to export
- UK growth confirmed at 0.7%, but recovery unbalanced – business live
- High street shops face Christmas profits squeeze, CBI says
- Retail Consortium calls for business rates reform
High Street Tracker
- Non-fashion -1.8 %
- Fashion -2.4 %
- Homewares -2.4 %
- Non-store +40.2 %
My-RetailMedia.com brings you all the latest breaking retail news and information about the
retail sector and major brands from a comprehensive range of retail industry sector news sources.