01:42 AM | New York Post
Sears, the iconic American retailer, is now just a shell of its former self, and Wall Street retail analysts say responsibility for that can be laid at the feet of owner Eddie Lampert and his hedge fund ESL Investments. However, Lampert — once ranked the richest person in Connecticut — may be smiling all the...
10:02 PM | Daily Mail
Store sales fell by 1.4 per cent in the three months to March over the preceding quarter, said the Office for National Statistics. It was the first quarterly drop since 2013.
02:35 PM | businessinsider.com
LONDON — Another week brings more troubling data points that suggest Britain's economy is starting to feel the pain of Brexit. This week was a relatively quiet one for economic data. But there were too significant, and worrying, releases. The first was a survey of British consumers from IHS Markit showing the biggest squeeze on spare cash in more than two and a half years.
01:37 PM | businessinsider.com
LONDON — Just as things looked like they were starting to get back to normal for the British pound, the calling of a general election by the Conservative government has flipped the currency on its head for the second time in less than 10 months. Having...
12:08 PM | Guardian
A likely deal between Walmart and Bonobos, a hybrid digital/brick-and-mortar menswear brand, may be a sign of the future of retail “Founded on Fit, Focused on Style, Built on Service” – that’s the retail promise offered by Bonobos, the men’s e-tailing business that’s being courted by Walmart and idolized by the garment industry as a model for reviving US retail woes.
- As more buy clothes online, Walmart eyes a piece of the action 22 April | 12:00 PM | The Guardian
- Export fears as UK retail sales suffer biggest fall in seven years 22 April | 02:42 AM | Independent.ie
- Proofpoint CEO: Cyberattackers are now targeting individuals, not companies 22 April | 12:50 AM | CNBC
- Sports Direct marks first move into US with deal for two retailers 21 April | 08:20 PM | FT.com - sectors
- Sports Direct makes first move into US with deal for two retailers 21 April | 08:20 PM | FT.com
- Giorgio Armani announces round of layoffs 21 April | 06:24 PM | Fashion United
- Sharp drop in UK retail sales blamed on higher prices 21 April | 05:22 PM | FT.com
- Retail sales suffer worst plunge in seven years 21 April | 04:40 PM | Daily Mail
- BRC: Political stability is crucial as election looms 21 April | 04:28 PM | Draper Online
- Global Retailing Conference 2017: Wal-Mart U.S. Chief Merchant on Retail Trends 21 April | 04:22 PM | Women’s Wear Daily