There's one huge factor shaping Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts' 'coffee shop of the future' (SBUX, DNKN)
02:21 AM | businessinsider.com
Smartphones are about to change coffee shops as we know them, as Dunkin' Donuts and Starbucks prepare to build the "coffee shop of the future."
"As we think about what that coffee shop of the future look like… the whole store will be much more focused on mobile ordering," Scott Hudler, Dunkin' Donut's chief digital officer, said at a media day on Tuesday.
12:18 PM | The Guardian
Canal Street was never a high-end retail experience. But, like many streets in New York City and in cities across the US, it is becoming increasingly desolate. Boarded-up stores line the thoroughfare that bisects much of lower Manhattan. Many stores that are still open for business also display signs that read “for lease” or “for rent ”
07:22 AM | New York Post
If you are wondering why US retailers are feeling a strain, look no further than the latest report from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York that stated 33 percent of Americans said they could not come up with $2,000 over the next 30 days if the need arose.
12:33 AM | The Grocer
The BRC, FDF and NFU want to “avoid costly and disruptive customs checks, processes and procedures”
10:12 PM | Daily Mail
The John Lewis Partnership is calling for applications for JLAB 2017, its annual global start-up accelerator programme.
- A franchise revolt rattles the retail world 25 March | 02:28 AM | New York Post
- Next, Ted Baker, B&Q and Screwfix: how IRUK Top500 retailers are honing their digital strategies 24 March | 02:45 PM | Internetretailing.net
- Online spending hits £1bn a week: ONS 24 March | 02:20 PM | Internetretailing.net
- How B&Q and Screwfix owner Kingfisher is transforming its business through digital 24 March | 01:51 PM | Internetretailing.net
- Mitiska REIM expands European investment team with four new hires 24 March | 12:22 PM | Property Week
- EUROZONE PMI BEATS AGAIN: Growth hits its highest level in 6 years 24 March | 11:10 AM | businessinsider.com
- Media Bites 24 February: ONS retail sales, Next, Ted Baker 24 March | 09:34 AM | The Grocer
- Robots to affect up to 30% of UK jobs, says PwC 24 March | 09:02 AM | bbc.co.uk
- Exclusive: HSBC to boost China staff by up to 1,000 in 2017, mostly in Pearl River Delta 24 March | 08:45 AM | Reuters.com
- UK retail sales bounce back in February 24 March | 08:41 AM | Draper Online