High Street Tracker
- Non-fashion -1.8 %
- Fashion -2.4 %
- Homewares -2.4 %
- Non-store +40.2 %
01:25 PM | Guardian
The reporters must have known they were being a bit fly, but a story's a story, especially a story about Europe The controversy over the unidentified source of the " mad, swivel-eyed loons " remark about Tory activists, attributed to one of David Cameron's closest advisers – the one with "strong social connections to the PM", hint, hint – has taken on a life of its own in the Tory press.
02:24 AM | Forbes.com
By the end of this weekend, Tumblr founder David Karp will most likely be $250 million richer and Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer will be able to say she outmaneuvered her old friends at Google, not to mention Facebook, Twitter and Microsoft.
10:26 PM | uk.reuters.com
LONDON (Reuters) - Worldwide merger and acquisitions (M&A) activity is down 7 percent so far this year compared with the same period a year ago, totalling $750 billion after the slowest week for dealmaking this year, Thomson Reuters data showed on Friday.
06:55 PM | The Guardian
For Ocado, the deal with Morrisons stacks up beautifully on day one. When the online specialist opened its second huge distribution centre in Dordon, Warwickshire, in February the worry was that it would take ages to fill a warehouse capable of handling £1bn of sales a year. Now there's a quickish solution: half the space will be devoted to Morrisons' new online business. The financial terms for Ocado also look smart. By selling Dordon to Morrisons for £170m and leasing it back, Ocado will be transformed from a company with net debt to one with a handsome cash balance.
05:56 PM | Guardian
Sports marketing and advertising group awards chief executive and finance director almost £2m despite investor protest Sports marketing and advertising group Chime has pushed through bonuses and a controversial "no limit" performance share scheme for top executives, despite more than 50% of shareholders failing to vote them through at its AGM.
- VIDEO: Morrisons announces deal with Ocado 17 May | 04:54 PM | bbc.co.uk
- Google chief Eric Schmidt to meet David Cameron after tax row 17 May | 02:06 PM | Guardian
- Mergers and Acquisitions fall by 7% 17 May | 11:35 AM | My-Retail Media
- Yoo: A Global Design Empire Expands 17 May | 02:33 AM | The Wall Street Journal
- Penney CEO says company needs time to climb out of 'abyss' 17 May | 12:55 AM | Reuters.com
- Anti-capitalist protest in a sombrero, anyone? | Stephen Bates 16 May | 11:40 PM | Guardian
- 'One Nation' Labour's policy blueprint 16 May | 10:16 PM | Guardian
- Lloyds chief pledges to pull out of tax havens 16 May | 08:51 PM | Guardian
- Death in Bangladesh is too high a price for quick-fix fashion | Rosalind Jana 16 May | 05:56 PM | Guardian
- DDR Corp set to acquire raft of shopping centres in $1.46bn deal 16 May | 10:32 AM | My-Retail Media