High Street Tracker
- Non-fashion -1.8 %
- Fashion -2.4 %
- Homewares -2.4 %
- Non-store +40.2 %
12:06 PM | Reuters.com
(Reuters) - Staples Inc reported a slightly lower-than-expected quarterly profit on Wednesday, hurt by a stronger dollar and weak sales in Europe and Australia.
01:27 AM | The Independent
Hundreds of jobs could go at Waterstones after the retailer launched a consultation with 560 managers as it seeks to slash costs and "secure the future" of the UK's last nationwide book chain. The 284-store retailer, which employs 4,000 staff in stores and head office, partly blamed "unforgiving" trading conditions for the consultation but said the restructuring would help put more emphasis on "traditional shop-floor bookselling".
05:25 PM | Forbes.com
This article is by Megan Meagher, a senior planner at Red Peak Group.
02:40 PM | Retail Week
Waterstones is to put 560 of its managers into consultation as managing director James Daunt looks to “secure the future” of the retailer against an “unforgiving bookselling environment”.
01:51 AM | The Independent
Next and WH Smith were victims of their own success as scribblers at Nomura downgraded the pair.
- Misery for e-books! Stephen King to release his new novel in paper format only 20 May | 08:52 PM | Daily Mail
- Stephen King delays e-book in favour of print 20 May | 01:14 PM | Telegraph
- Stephen King Says No to E-Book 19 May | 09:23 PM | The Wall Street Journal
- Sell Your Used Textbooks Online 19 May | 02:04 AM | The Wall Street Journal
- WH Smith gets lowest customer service rating in UK as Apple tops satisfaction league table 17 May | 05:27 PM | The Independent
- Amazon pays £3m in taxes on £4bn UK sales 15 May | 05:20 PM | My-Retail Media
- Amazon paid £3m tax on £4bn UK sales 15 May | 04:00 PM | Guardian
- Amazon UK pays $3.7 million tax on $6.5 billion sales 15 May | 11:49 AM | Reuters.com
- Barnes & Noble adds Zoom View tool and over 8,000 graphic novels to its NOOK for iOS app 14 May | 02:15 PM | The Next Web
- Amazon’s German workers strike 14 May | 10:29 AM | My-Retail Media