Fairtrade sales continue to grow despite downturn Tuesday, 17th July 2012
Sales of Fairtrade goods rose by 12 per cent in the UK for 2011, despite drastic cutbacks to consumer spending. Although many of the UK’s shoppers are looking to cut corners and bag a bargain for their weekly shop, signs that Fairtrade products are now a staple part of our baskets have become clear, as UK sales of Fairtrade items match the rate of global growth.
JD Sports adds more stores to French expansion Tuesday, 3rd July 2012
JD Sports has revealed details of its French expansion strategy as it adds another Parisian store to its portfolio. The sports retailer has leased a new store in the Bay 2 shopping centre in Paris, set to open in February 2013. Cushman & Wakefield have been given sole instruction for the company’s French expansion plans, with the major cities of Marseille, Strasbourg and Toulouse also said to be on the retailer’s roll-out hit list.
My-Wardrobe expands with bevy of Euro website launches Tuesday, 26th June 2012
My-Wardrobe.com will launch French, German and Dutch-specific sites as the fashion e-tailer continues to expand across the globe. The online fashion retailer has revealed that the new sites will provide a ‘local’ international shopping experience for its customers, with each site benefitting from local currencies and language translation.
Inditex Q1 profits up 30% Wednesday, 13th June 2012
Zara's Barcelona store The Zara, Massimo Dutti and Bershka owner said net profits rose 30 per cent to EUR 432 million in its first quarter to 30 April. As the world’s largest retailer, Inditex embarked on an aggressive expansion plan during the period, opening nearly one store a day as it looked to take the pressure off its domestic Spanish market by investing elsewhere.
Out of the ashes, Oddbins goes from strength to strength Friday, 8th June 2012
Oddbins has revealed plans to continue expanding its off license stores, a sure sign the retailer is finally back on top. Despite past struggles in the sector, Oddbins is now looking to add five more stores to its 35-strong portfolio by the end of this year, signalling a return to form for the high street chain.
Armani profit up 23% Thursday, 24th May 2012
The Italian fashion house saw operating profit rise 23 per cent in 2011 thanks to a continued investment in Chinese expansion. The Financial Times on Thursday reported Armani operating profit reached EUR 281.8 million for 2011, with revenue up 14 per cent to EUR 1.8 billion.
Fawaz AlHokair enters eighth international market with the opening of fifteen global brands simultaneously Wednesday, 18th April 2012
Fawaz A. AlHokair & Co, SJSC, (Alhokair) have made their debut in Tbilisi, Georgia, as major tenants of the newly opened Uptown Tbilisi Mall. The launch will see Alhokair become Georgia’s largest retail group, with 15 of the retail specialist’s franchised brands opening in the mall on 6 April, and another 17 planned to open by the end of June this year.
Mango profits surge 11% for 2011 Thursday, 12th April 2012
The Spanish retailer saw profits rise 11 per cent in 2011 to EUR 1.4 billion as it continued to expand into Russia and China. Mango said 82 per cent of its turnover from its 2011 financial year came from foreign markets, with a remaining 18 per cent for its domestic market in Spain.
A taste of Provence: L’Occitane continues UK expansion Saturday, 7th April 2012
Bringing a little je ne sais quoi to the high street, L’Occitane en Provence is set to add another eight stores to its UK portfolio with the help of retail property advisors CWM. L’Occitane will work with CWM to identify six or seven new locations in affluent market towns, along with another store in London.
Muji signs Middle East franchise deal with Alshaya Monday, 26th March 2012
Japanese brand Muji has signed an exclusive franchise partnership agreement with MH Alshaya to expand into the Middle East. The iconic home, design and lifestyle brand, which currently operates nearly 500 stores throughout Asia, Europe and the US, will open its first Middle East store this year. Tadamitsu Matsui, chairman of Muji’s parent company Ryōhin Keikaku Co Ltd said:
“We are delighted to be partnering with the Middle East’s leading retail franchiser to bring Muji to new consumers in the Middle East.
Accessories Amazon Asda Christmas Expansion & Franchise Fashion HR News High Street John Lewis London Marks & Spencer Media News Results Retail Retail and Consumer Industry Retail news Sainsbury's Store Tesco UK china consumer deal deals and rumours department department stores e-commerce electricals expansion fashion news food grocer group launch luxury morrisons my online online retail people profit property retail industry retail property retailer sale sales supermarket waitrose