Mobile visits to retail websites outstrips desktop traffic for the first time
For the first time in history visits to retail websites via mobile devices have overtaken desktop traffic. According to the IMRG Capgemini Quarterly Benchmarking report, 36 per cent of e-commerce sales are from tablets and smartphones - a figure which rises to 40 per cent for clothing and apparel sales.
Smartphones accounted for 18 per cent of sales completed via a mobile device, while tablets account for an enormous 82 per cent - perhaps an indication that those retailers who have yet to release an iPad-friendly app should get a move on.
- Visits to retail websites from mobiles overtakes desktop traffic for the first time
- Stitch Labs has big plans for helping multichannel wholesalers and retailers
- U.S. judge approves settlement in eBay case over tech hiring
- UPDATE 5-Dollar General sweetens Family Dollar bid, may go hostile
- Intershop rebuilds its North American management team
- Furniture brand Wharfside appoints Tiainen-Harris PR
- Home Retail Group appoints new Head of Trends
- URC announces net profit of KWD 3.5m in 2014 H1
- Swedish Retailer IKEA to Open Future Kansas City-Area Store on Wednesday, September 10 in Merriam, Kansas
- Home improvements proving popular but 10% end up botched, survey suggests
- Simon Cowell blames BBC producers for clash
- Teachers and pupils to appear on 'Educating' show tonight
- Prince's advice to Outkast on comeback tour: 'Just give them the hits'
- Archant appoints Jeff Henry as chief executive
- Redesigned BBC iPlayer lands on new devices, will finally debut on Xbox One later this year
- In at number one: HMV?
- Something incredible is happening in Scotland. And if the result is a yes vote the shock to the UK will be extreme | Paul Mason
- Currys and PC World to put more emphasis on kitchenware
- Hacker tool used in Target breach hit 1,000+ businesses
- Microsoft's most eccentric executive departs the board
High Street Tracker
- Non-fashion -1.8 %
- Fashion -2.4 %
- Homewares -2.4 %
- Non-store +40.2 %
My-RetailMedia.com brings you all the latest breaking retail news and information about the
retail sector and major brands from a comprehensive range of retail industry sector news sources.