Accessories Amazon Asda Christmas Expansion & Franchise Fashion HR News High Street John Lewis London Marks & Spencer Media News Results Retail Retail and Consumer Industry Retail news Sainsbury's Store Tesco UK brand china consumer deal deals and rumours department department stores e-commerce electricals expansion fashion news food grocer group launch luxury morrisons my online online retail people profit property retail property retailer sale sales supermarket waitrose
Mango profits surge 11% for 2011 Thursday, 12th April 2012
Photo credit: Mango S/S 12 campaign
The Spanish retailer saw profits rise 11 per cent in 2011 to EUR 1.4 billion as it continued to expand into Russia and China.
Mango said 82 per cent of its turnover from its 2011 financial year came from foreign markets, with a remaining 18 per cent for its domestic market in Spain.
Online sales for the year totalled EUR 36.2 million, representing a 72 per cent increase on the year before.
The womenswear aficionado said it expects to open a further 80 retail outlets in China and an addition 30 in Russia to capitalise on the market potential.